SUPER BOWL 51 is only a few days away, Atlanta Falcons vs. New England Patriots.
Black & Red vs. Blue & Red.
NFC vs. AFC
South vs. North
Who will it be?..
My vote:: LADY GAGA!!! Are you as excited about her halftime performance as I am? She is going to ROCK that stage. Halftime is always my favorite part of the Super Bowl. This year's game takes place in Houston, TX - Home of the Texans.
Will you be hosting a party this year? I thought I was getting this year off from hosting but turns out I got nominated to host again, 6th year in a row! Yesterday, I was invited back to Fox WBTW's Carolina AM with Greg Rowles & Abbi Neal. This was my 3rd time appearing on the show and always a blast. Behind the screen they are so sweet and welcoming.
Here are some of the topics discussed on the show:
- If your team is in the Super Bowl feel free to go all out! Decorate everything in your team colors and mascot! If your team is not, support the two playing teams by decorating in their colors.
- The team balloons are always a favorite of mine! Most of your local party stores and grocery stores will have the playing teams logos on football shaped balloons, so cute! Spice it up by adding a couple latex balloons of the team colors. EX:: Falcons balloon, red latex, black latex.
- When it comes to setting up be sure to have items in the team color. I like to represent both teams on my food tables by having one set of colors one one side, and the opposing team on the other. Plates, napkins, cups and silver can be purchased in any color at your local dollar store with some stores even carrying the official team plates, cups, etc. RULE OF THUMB: 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 napkins & 1 cup per person. Most guests will go back to the food stations for seconds.
- Keep it classic! Super Bowl Sunday is the most "wing-eating" day of the year. Americans eat approximately 1.3 BILLION wings on Superbowl Sunday. Make it interactive by having a wing bar with a variety of flavors and sauces for your guests to try out.
Wings :: Pizza :: Popcorn :: Peanuts
- Beverages :: I don't know about you but I'm a beer lover! Watching football is just another excuse for me to have a few good IPA's on my couch and not feel bad about it! Provide some of your favorite beers for your guests to try out. Don't forget about the Bud Light & Miller Lite, those are always favorites. The more beer you have, the better your chances are of having leftovers :)
MAKE YOUR GUESTS COMFORTABLE
-Bring additional chairs from your dining room, bean bags, anything to provide extra seating for your guests. Super Bowl is a day for sitting, relaxing and being with your friends. Most guests don't mind sitting close to one another, as look as they get to have a good time and watch the game! Pull extra tv's out of the bedroom and into the living room to add even more for your guests to look at.
-Be attentive. Don't forget to spend time with your guests. Greet them as they come in then later be sure to spark up a conversation. Make them feel welcomed in your home. If they are new to your crowd, introduce them to some of your friends and bring up things they may have in common.
- This is one of my favorite tricks when hosting a party! Take a roll of brown craft paper, use a sharpie to decorate it, write your menu directly on it, draw 10 yard lines and you have a cool new table cloth. Even COOLER - Once the party is over you pick up the entire paper with the trash and left overs on it and just toss. So simple! Makes cleanup actually fun!
Please visit EVENTS BY SANTANA Facebook page to see what else we are up to!